2009/04/13

Noticing it

Last month, I wrote that
The tectonic shifts and cataclysms and seasons and tidal waves have all seemed so huge that I thought the tiny little girls and boys in my life might be moving out of range and disappearing from my view. I do not recognize anything around me anymore, and I do not recognize even my own self these days.
The small children are not gone, I discovered. Not a bit of it.

But now a pretty good indicator of all the change showed up too. I dreamed a dream (and in my dream I dreamed ...) I was walking above the ground again. At about ceiling height, as usual.

It has been a very long time since I dreamed about being able to walk or move about above the floor or ground. I used to dream it all the time -- I think I was about eight before I figured out that I couldn't really do it. In this dream I might be indoors or out, I might be alone or with other people, and I might be trying to keep it a secret or I might be trying to talk to people who can't hear me, but this is the first time I ever tried to show anyone else how to do it. I wonder why I'm teaching "people" to walk above the ground - it's not flying, really - it's a matter of proper takeoff and balance. And it's so freeing. So fluid. Funny I never thought to show anyone else how to do it before now... I wonder if I will be successful one of these days -- uh ... nights.

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

Go listen to Nelly Furtado's song "Childhood Dreams." -- google it.