2009/04/21

N.B. re: The System

N.B. Refer to the notes.

The system works, but I will derive no benefit from it if I do not actually look at what I have noted down. Today I am ready for work an hour early because I had the time wrong in my head and did not look at my noted calendar.

N.B. ~ Nota bene is a Latin phrase meaning "note well." It is in the singular imperative, instructing one individual to note well the matter at hand. In present-day English, it is used to draw the attention of the reader to a certain (side) aspect or detail of the subject on hand, translating it as "pay attention" or "take notice." It is often written in the abbreviated form: N.B.

Did anyone tell YOU that you would have to teach your old self new tricks, or did you get the impression in childhood that all adults already knew what they were doing?

No comments: