2007/05/14

Our house


From the top part of the field, down the field, over the trees, to the Oregon side of the Gorge. That's my view.

The first time I ever saw this view, my not yet even a fiance had been showing us slides of Norway. When I saw this one, I said, "Ooooh! Where is THAT?" He was a little embarrassed, and said, "Well, that's Stevenson." Brazen hussy that I am, I shot back, "And why haven't you taken me there?

To the left, you can see "the woodshed" which was actually where great grandpa and great grandma lived the second year they were here (she'd had enough of the Indian shack they lived in at first), and beyond that, you can see the roof of my tumbledown little house. My living room windows face that downhill view.

Like it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in Norway recently, I can say it is very Norwayish. Most of the houses are built up the sides of mountains with the fjords below. Lots of narrow roads where only one car can pass. A bit white knuckling at times.
What a beautiful spot. Nell

Carol Whipps said...

I LOVE it!! Wow, who would ever want to leave such a beautiful place?!