2007/05/03

It's perfectly clear

I think this means "how to say 'no' nicely" ... but it's really hard to tell! This is from The Journal of Business and Psychology.

Employment Rejection and Acceptance Letters
and their unintended consequences on image,
self-concept, and intentions

This paper demonstrates that the positiveness and negativeness of letters of acceptance and rejection from companies have an impact on company image, self-concept of recipient, and reported future intentions of potential recruits. The implication for employers writing letters of acceptance and rejection is that they should communicate with prospective recruits in a positive manner no matter what the letter's message. Positive rejection letters can mitigate effects of rejection and negative acceptance letters can impair the positiveness of acceptance.

Um ... "positiveness of acceptance"? (I don't know how to spell gales of unrestrained helpless laughter. That's what goes here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even the idea of a "negative" acceptance letter baffles me. I would love to see an example of what the author meant! But you're right ... the terminology is so silly. I doubt all of the abilities and judgement of the author. Unfair ... I know ... but it is how I reacted.