2007/05/02

Another reason

Okay, so tell me again? Why would anyone ever want to write anything other people could read? It's all been done. All those notes have been played. The song is being sung. The choir is already formed. Libraries are the proof.

Here's a reason I just found.

timbre: (noun) The combination of qualities of a sound that distinguishes it from other sounds of the same pitch and volume.

Synonyms:tone, quality, timber

Usage:The timbre of her soprano was rich and lovely.

It is the oddest thing to be simultaneously both excited and also terrified to the point of nausea. This proposal I'm making - to write for the enjoyment of anyone but myself - and to maybe even go back to school and get a real degree one of these days - what I'm proposing to do is try for a place in the choir. Auditions are always like this. I know this feeling - it is my old friend come back to me now again. I also know that it won't do any good to try to sing with anyone else's voice. I'll just have to get better at using my own - and show up for the try-outs.

No comments: