2008/12/05

Chomp

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
- Doug Larson

Only ... like a cheerfully uncooperative mutt, my computer is holding up just fine and refusing to break down to give me any excuse about getting things handed in today. The machine makes weird noises. I know I need a new one. I know I don't "back up my files" like I should. But today? Nah. Today the thing is chugging away, and I have no excuse. It is time to hand in the last bits and pieces of this course and call it done. (ooooo..... maybe that's my problem. Calling it done.)

Notes to future "adult learners" who return to school in their midlife years:

1. You will be able to focus.
2. You will not want to. It is easier to be distracted, flighty, interrupted, and aware of everything and everyone else around you.

No comments: