2008/09/19

Validation

Well! I'm thinking I made the right decision when I switched doctors! Instead of continuing to see an OB/GYN in Portland, an hour away, with appointments impossible to get, and ... well, all kinds of things. I had a problem with all kinds of things there. So, I switched to a smaller town, a less busy, less urbanized practice, and a different doctor. Today, I'm glad I did.

In the mail, I just got a post card. My old doctor's name is the name on the return address. And the post card is an advertisement for a "special event" featuring Botox and Juvederm - and combo packages for additional savings! I am urged to call and reserve my spot and get my chance to speak to company reps.

I don't think I have it in me today to be eloquent in my horror at the Frankenstein mentality of the entire medical industry (click on the pic) - or the energy to champion once again the benefits and rewards of being past youth. But I'm sure glad I switched doctors!

No comments: