A propos nothing at all

Am I the only one who wondered about this one?

I just heard a Brit on the TV say "blind man's buff." But we don't call it that. We call it "blind man's bluff." So ... which is it?

The Wiki knows ...

The game is known as blind man's buff in the UK and Ireland, buff meaning a small push. It is possible that the American name is a corruption, or it may originate from the older sense of bluff meaning to blindfold.

And that, my friends, is why God made the internet.


No comments: