2009/01/12

Fair Warning

If you grow up, and get married, and raise kids, and go to work, and have a life ...

and then you decide to turn everything on its ear and go back to school ...

I have something to tell you.

Your life will not stop and wait for you.

The date was set for the annual all-parish meeting before I registered, and this will be a fairly important year to be there, and I don't like to miss them in any case, but I decided to register anyway. This is what I have to do this year. So I registered for class.

Then my extended family planned a reunion for Saturday. sigh ... oh well. Sometimes you don't get to go to parties.

But today I got a call to work on Friday at the library too!

So if I weren't going to school, this week I'd be at work on Friday, at a party on Saturday, and at church and a meeting following on Sunday. And I cleared out my life so I could do the school thing! That is a cleared out schedule with enough room in it for school! If you decide to add school into your adult life, I hereby give you fair warning. Your life will not stop and wait for you. You have to want school anyway. You have to "give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose," and you have to defer gratification, and you have to focus on the goal, and all that stuff.

You've been warned.

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

I could say the same thing about adding a new baby in your mid 40s - LOL. We just can't be everywhere - lines must be drawn.