2009/01/02

Chapel schedule

When you were in school, did you have different schedules according to what was happening that day? We had things like Assembly Schedule, and Chapel Schedule ... um ... half day? I think we had half days too. My son had Early Release on Wednesdays - twice a month, I think. Well, today's a Transition Schedule day for me. The husband has gone in to work, but not as early as usual, and although one son is back in his regular life (and doing some apartment hunting today), the other one is still here and doesn't go back to school until Sunday afternoon. So today's a Transition Schedule day.

And my blog has a new thing.

Did you see them?

Links to Amazon. I'm going to start putting up Amazon links for the books I personally own and recommend, and that have to do with the topic of learning/personality/human development, or the topic of writing and writers. Nothing will be linked from here unless I own it, and have found it useful. I also decided to limit it to just the books, and just the books about those particular topics. "People, and How They Work," and "Words, Glorious Words." Those are the "Interests" things on my profile page.

I'm going to stay away from "Anglican Tradition" except as it defines my life from time to time. I love it deeply, but it's so personal and so vastly misunderstood that I'll leave it to others to blog about. (At this moment in history, many people are making a cacophonous and horrendous racket on the topic, and I prefer not to be part of their noise.) And as to "Art of All Kinds," I might find something I esteem myself qualified to link to ... but I am such a novice that it's too ... uh ... well, let's just say that in Art of All Kinds, I do the appreciating part. (We had friends where we used to live. She did the Christmas decorating, and she asked him what part he wanted to do. He told her he wanted to do the appreciating part.)

The weather continues wintery ... the dog continues recovering ... the schedule continues wonky ... and next week, classes start again. I am watching the clouds move across the tops of the mountains on the other side of the Gorge. If my new camera would get here, I'd show it to you. There is sky behind the clouds - blue sky. I'd nearly forgotten sky was supposed to be blue. Today I can understand the Norse who wanted Thor to battle the giants in Utgard and bring the fire back into the sky again.

No comments: